Status Holder Certification
All exporters of goods, services and technology having an import-export code (IEC) number.
A Status Holder is eligible for privileges as under:
- Authorisation and Customs Clearances for both imports and exports may be granted on self-declaration basis;
- Manufacturer exporters who are also Status Holders shall be eligible to self-certify their goods as originating from India
- Input-Output norms may be fixed on priority within 60 days by the Norms Committee
- Exemption from furnishing of Bank Guarantee in Schemes under Foreign Trade Policy
- Exemption from compulsory negotiation of documents through banks.
- Two star and above Export houses shall be permitted to establish Export Warehouses as per Department of Revenue guidelines.
- Three Star and above Export House shall be entitled to get benefit of Accredited Clients Programme (ACP) as per the guidelines of CBEC.
- The status holders would be entitled to preferential treatment and priority in handling of their consignments by the concerned agencies.
- Manufacturers who are also status holders (Three Star/Four Star/Five Star) will be enabled to self-certify their manufactured goods (as per their IEM/IL/LOI) as originating from India with a view to qualify for preferential treatment under different preferential trading agreements (PTA), Free Trade Agreements (FTAs), Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreements (CECA) and Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreements (CEPA). Subsequently, the scheme may be extended to remaining Status Holders.
- Status holders shall be entitled to export freely exportable items on free of cost basis for export promotion subject to an annual limit of Rs 10 lakh or 2% of average annual export realization during preceding three licencing years whichever is higher.
Applicants are categorized depending on their total FOB (FOR - for deemed exports) export performance during current plus previous two years (taken together) upon exceeding limit below. For Export House (EH) Status, export performance is necessary in at least two out of three years (i.e., current plus previous two years).
Click here for printer friendly version
FOB / FOR (as converted) Value
(in US $ million)
One Star Export House
Two Star Export House
Three Star Export House
Four Star Export House
Five Star Export House